Tuesday, May 18, 2010

The night before the drive....

It is five minutes until the morning that Seth and I are about to embark upon our journey to the smoldering hot desert of Tucson, AZ. After a long night, I just can't bring myself to sleep yet without first blogging. Seth is of course in bed after a long day and I just needed to get some thoughts down on the blog.

The whole day was spent packing, shipping, and running random errands. I had my car battery checked out this morning after the people at Midas told me that my battery was not doing so hot. After a second opinion at Advance Auto Parts, it appears that my battery is good, which is good for me, and I hope it will prevail on our trip out to the wild wild west.

After finishing packing, we went out to dinner with the Baggott family and Seth's mom. We went to Mama Mia, which is always delicious and as always, I ate too much. It was a great time and it reminds me how lucky Seth and I were to have the friendships and relationships that we did during the time I lived in Wisconsin. Truly, Seth and I have lived an incredibly blessed life and I will always be so grateful for the family and friends that God has provided in my life. I know that Seth will miss his dear friend, Chris Baggott a lot as Chris is to Seth as Briana is to me. There are just some friendships in life that will always be so special because of the timing of these friendships. I just hope that Seth and I will always be able to keep in touch with everyone and that our paths will cross again in the not too distant future.

As I think about Arizona, this will be the fourth state that I reside in. It's crazy to think back to high school, I never imagined myself in this position of moving all the time, but so goes life. Adventures are great, but I am excited for when we settle down and have a permanent home. I am excited to set up home in Arizona and it has been fun picking out items with Seth for our new apartment.

My next goal is to somehow set up video g-chat so that Seth and I can chat with our family and be able to see the kids when we're chatting. I know that they will just grow up so fast. Anyhow, better head to bed now since it's officially May 19th.

No comments:

Post a Comment