Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Putting pen to paper....

More time has passed and it's been a while since I have written here in this blog. I have a total of six followers and if you're reading this post right now- thanks for reading! :) I'm glad that you've stuck with me. It makes me feel like you believe in me!

Anyhow, I was chatting with a friend, Paten, recently who is an actress pursuing her big dreams in the Big Apple and also in other areas of the country. Being able to catch up with her and hear about the exciting things in her life really made me so excited for her. I told her about me taking a stab at writing and she encouraged me saying that I should just do it! I'm not even sure what I really want to write- but it's a matter of putting the pen to paper and seeing what comes of it. I want to write about so many things including children's books, personal finance articles, motivational articles, and maybe even dirty novels..heehee. ;)

With her encouragement along with others including some of you who are followers of my blog, I have spent the past couple of nights just spending 20 minutes and writing down my thoughts. I have also created an account on Yahoo Contributor because I have sometimes read articles on the front page of yahoo and thought to myself- I could do something like that!

So, I came up with my first short article yesterday. I was really proud because I wrote with a pen on a pad of paper and really liked what I wrote. It was a short personal finance article about cash flow. I handed it to my dear husband and he said, "it's good", but also gave me the constructive criticism that it seemed pretty simple. And I said to him, "Well--simple is how you have to explain things". When I went back to work on it again tonite and start typing it in order to publish it on my page, I realized that I didn't like it as much as I did the day before. It's amazing what one night of sleep and coming back to look at something can do for your writing. I didn't like what I read and did not feel at all confident about publishing it for an editor to come along and decide whether it should be published or not. So...I am giving it a break for tonight and decide to write in my blog and reflect. When I was feeling dejected a couple hours ago about not liking my article and thinking that it won't even get published on any of the yahoo forums (editors pick the articles to be published)- Seth reminded me of the age old adage: "Rome wasn't built in a day". I really can't expect for things to just materialize. I told another friend about taking on writing as a hobby since J.K. Rowling is also inspiring and she said--it's not like she wrote Harry Potter overnight!

Perhaps the moral of my blog and my winding thoughts is that I need to work at something in order for something to develop. There can be no fruits if there is no labor. So, I am going to keep working and not give up. So, my last thought of this blog entry is going to be happy thoughts or encouragement to myself and to anyone reading: Don't give up...tomorrow is another day to chase your dream, to accomplish something, and to love the people in your life!


1 comment:

  1. How about you put those moving thoughts to use and visit Wisconsin with me in November? Love.

    ReplyDelete